Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interlock is preventing transmission AMP:TG

rsobol
rsobol Member ✭✭
edited September 2023 in Power Genius XL Amplifier

Running Windows SmartSDR v3.3.33 on a 6600M on CW, with a TGXL. Getting the error message from SmartSDR " Interlock is preventing transmission AMP:TG".

What is causing this and what is the fix? It is very annoying.

Randy

KH6XX

Answers

• rsobol
    rsobol Member ✭✭

Running TGXL v1.1.16

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The Interlock is the TGXL telling the radio it isn't ready for transmission yet. It has detected a problem likely in SWR.

What are you using for antennas? Are you using a PGXL? Tell us more about your station so that we can help isolate the issue.

• rsobol
    rsobol Member ✭✭

There's a ticket open on this that Tim is addressing. Thanks

• K5SRT_Ross
    K5SRT_Ross Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Please post the root cause and solution we are now broken here as well..Having same issue after latest upgrade Thursday 8/17/2023 & Friday 8/18/2023 started on TGXL with upgrade to v1.1.20 then the issue, Decided it might want upgrade PGXL v3.7.32 no improvement. Also upgraded 6700 to v3.5.8 still get interlock statement No antenna but dipole, dummy load, and beam all working behind AGXL. Have tried several reloads including going to 4o3a? When you load TGXL windows 10 is popping up trust issue as well but not on the others. Help K5SRT
  • K5SRT_Ross
    K5SRT_Ross Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Have tried several installs on each (PGXL, TGXL, SmartSDR,…) btw when you bring up SmartSDR you can see and hear signals (except on dummy load) check several bands and even did factory calibration boot ( questioning if profile corruption might be contributing) check on 6700 but when you try tune you get pop up…Upgrade notes leave you with nothing if it doesn’t work…..We really need a profile checker and general checklist tied up today but also not useable
  • KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    I still get this occasionally on my 6600M but not as frequently after changing the TX delay to 40ms. Hope this helps.....
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

After the upgrade to v3.5.8 all was well but when doing a test on 10m I got the interlock message. Other bands were fine. Rebooting 6700, PGXL, TGXL, FRstack etc. same thing. Then I opened up the TX Band Settings and guess what, 10m PTT inhibit was selected, I'm pretty sure I did not do this. This of course would prevent transmission on 10m, so I un-checked it and of course no more interlock message on 10m.

I'm just saying the obvious thing to do is check the TX Band Settings.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I have found that the TX Band Settings STILL change them selves even after they did some work on 3.5.8 so this should be one of the top things to check on the list before we get to frustrated.

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Still having increasing intermittent issues with the "Interlock is preventing Transmissions AMP-TG. Running SmartSDR v3.5.8, TGXL FW 1.1.20, and PGXL FW 3.7.32. When this situation occurs, the interlock error after waiting a few moments just disappears and the PGXL operates properly. Other times, if the wait is more than a few seconds, putting the PGXL into Standby and then back into OPR corrects the issue. Running multiple antennas of various types, wires and monobanders. SWR is less than 1:1.4 on the antennas. I see no change in the SWR metering when this happens. The PGXL just goes into interlock mode.

Might anyone know how to eliminate this condition?

Randy
  • K5SRT_Ross
    K5SRT_Ross Member ✭✭
    By the way we also have a 6600 v3.4.24 to KPA-1500 to AGXL to same antenna field and have NO Interlock and NO SWR issues.

Since 8/17/2023 with trouble tickets TGXL v1.1.20 AMP:TG unresolved to date (9/1/2023) for 6700 v3.5.8 to PGXL v3.7.32 to TGXL v1.1.20 to AGXL v3.1.5 has anyone gotten this to work reliable?
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited September 2023

• W8PAB
    W8PAB Member
    Having same problem with my 6300 running V2.10.1. Did not have problem before that version. Only happening on 60 meters. Always happens after I have operated remote from my iPad. I play around and get it working again, but the same solution never works twice so I cannot figure what I do to correct it. Band width OK so is SWR. Al other frequencies work OK. Using V6.2.6 by Marcus on my iPad. Sure do need help!
  • wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭

Hi have the same issues after upgrade to 3.5.8 and 1.1.20 for my TGXL only in 60m and 6m I change all my Transmission filter but nothing pass ...

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

What radio are you using?

If it's a Flex try setting the TX Delay for longer then 30ms.

Just an idea that HAS worked for me in the past.

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭

Flex 6600M my TX delay is 30 but I try less and more nothing pass only this issues coming when used the AG ... When use the radio only with my triband working perfect...

• Mark W Scott
    Mark W Scott Member ✭✭

I have a Flex 6700 running v2.10.1 with a TX delay set to 40ms. I also recently replaced my network switch with a Netgear GS108 Gigabit Ethernet Switch, as well as replaced the Ethernet cables to the Tuner Genius (TGXL) and Flex 6700 with CAT8 cables. I still periodically get the "Interlock is preventing transmission AMP:TG" message. The transmission still seems to occur, the message is just annoying.

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭

I get this Interlock issue when I run my AG in Manual.

Other then that all seems OK.

Ian

KM4CQG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.