Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600M Display not turning on after soft start

After receiving my radio back from Flex Service for the 2nd time about a month ago, the monitor is not turning on and is completely dark. I have already done the Factory Reset a number of times. I know the process well.

I do a soft shut down when finished at the end of the day as it was said there is really no reason to power the 6600M completely off at the power supply when done using. I do the soft shutdown and the next morning when I start it up, the radio comes up but there is a totally dark display. I then do another soft shutdown, wait the recommended two minutes, and then turn off the power supply. I restart the radio by turning on the power supply, waiting 2 minutes, then turn the radio on. The display works fine then. This is not a one-off situation for me as it happens about 1/2 the time on start-up.

Is this the known software display problem with the 6600M or something else? Perhaps others have this same issue.

Randy

KH6XX

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This needs to be handled by the support team. I opened a ticket for you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.