Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Remotely operate two different stations on one computer

Options
DaveM
DaveM Member ✭✭

My ham friend and I each have Flex stations that we operate remotely via SSDR/SmartLink. We each have separate SmartLink accounts. Is it possible to load two configurations of SSDR on a single computer so that we can load the two different SL accounts on each SSDR configuration and be able to easily switch back and forth from one account to the other - on a single computer? (I have not been able to load multiple SSDR accounts on one computer.)

Dave - N4CQ

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

No.

In order to make this work, you would need to share the same SmartLink account. I think you will find that works really well. Just register each radio to the same account with the PTT registration.

We do it all the time and there can be many radios on the same SmartLink account.

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike,

I knew you were going to say that, but I was hoping for a different answer. Fortunately my ham buddy and I have been friends for more than 40 years, so no issues sharing. Now we just have to pick which SL account to use - flip a coin, I guess. Thanks for your input

Dave - N4CQ

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

@DaveM just create a new SmartLink account that will be shared by both you and your friend. That way if you want to have your radio not accessible by your friend or others using the shared account you will also have a private SmartLink account.

Dave wo2x

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Dave. I knew what the answer was going to be - hoping for a different one. My buddy and I have been ham friends for almost 50 years so no issues in sharing radios. What a hobby it has become. 73

Dave

N4CQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.