Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL not connecting to 6600 3.7.28/3.3.33

Upgraded PG & 6600 earlier today and all worked fine. Shut down for a few hours and now PG will not connect to 6600. 6600 appears to be working fine. PGXL shows "manual' on front panel rather than 6600. Same on PGXL utility. PGXL will not key (PTT) on.

Rebooted PGXL, 6600 and computer multiple times - nothing changed.

Device settings on PGXL under "FlexRadio" tab are proper.

Advice please!

Comments

• Tom Porada
    Tom Porada Member ✭✭

Solved - Page 24 of 73 in updated user guide was the solution.

Had to configure from PGXL panel. Touched panel black box area with a pencil eraser and configured to Flex and rebooted PGXL.

All OK.

A long and stressful way to upgrade the utility and firmware.

• W3US
    W3US Member ✭✭

I just experienced the same scenario - upgraded firmware to 3.7.28 yesterday; no problems, and continued to operate the remainder of the day. Turned on PGXL this morning prior to Wednesday's CWT and discovered there was no communication between my 6600 and the PGXL. Fortunately I found this thread and was able to reconfigure the PGXL back to what it was yesterday, and join the the CWT, albeit late. I read and reread the release notes and found NO mention of this anomaly. I am in complete agreement with the original poster that this is "A long and stressful way to upgrade the utility and firmware." de W3US

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2023

@Tom Porada

We are glad you got it sorted out.

For the future, FlexRadio has a fully staffed technical support team who are well trained and experience with the FlexRadio products as well as being active ham radio operators. They are the best in the world when resolving technical issues.

Save this link for the future: https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Other than on Mondays, which are super busy, they do respond pretty quickly, usually within hours.

I think you will find this less stressful.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.