Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Where is SmartLink?

Just downloaded and purchased SSDR for iOS and would like to use my phone outside my WiFi network so I think I need SmartLink to do this? Been away from this for quite a while but I can't seem to find SmartLink downloads anywhere...

Can someone educate me?

Tagged:

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Gary, SmartLink is not a download, it is something that you log into. It brokers the connection between your remote device and your radio. Once you are connected, SmartLink is no longer in play.

See section 9, page 23 in the SmartSDR Software User Guide for more info on SmartLink.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Enable SmartLink from the settings menu in SSDR for iOS.

• Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭

Thanks for the replies. I found the menu and enabled it in settings. For some reason I thought this was SW that needed to be purchased and downloaded to be able to use it.

• Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭

Sorry but I may still have a couple questions regarding SmartLink. When I go outside my local network and try to find my radio using SmartLink the phone never finds my radio. I have SmartLink enabled now but it is not functioning as it should.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

Have you registered for SmartLink?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This is the Windows setup. You do have to do some security steps that are described in the SmartSDR manual as Len said.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Gary, is your home network double-natted? Some Internet Service Providers use carrier grade NAT (i.e. double NAT) which is not compatible with SmartLink.

• Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭

So I think my problem relates to the fact that my radio was running SSDR v1.12.1. I guess you can't do that...

There doesn't seem to be one place where someone can put together all the information one needs to get some of these things up and running. I had been resisting spending $199 on a SW upgrade and 1.12.1 was sort of the end of the line for me but apparently that is the only way to get SmartLink going? I guess it's that or VPN's

• KP4IP
    KP4IP Member ✭✭

The information is on the SmartSDR for iOS user manual:

https://manuals.roskosch.de/smartsdr-ios/

• Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Apologies for jumping all over the place but I didn't want to start yet another thread... I bit the bullet and purchased v3.3.33 SW and then I clicked the refresh button on the SmartSDR startup icon and I keep getting the following message-

!Not Configured for SmartLink

Radio registration unsuccessful, not licensed for this version

I just wind up in a circular loop with this recurring message. Man, this seems tricky to get working.

Any pointers? Do I have to wait a long time before the license is recognized after purchase?

Becoming a bit frustrating...

• Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭
  • KP4IP
    KP4IP Member ✭✭

@Gary Schulz - maybe the radio needs a reset after the FW upgrade? if not I would open a ticket with Flex for support.

73' Frank - KP4IP

• Gary Schulz
    Gary Schulz Member ✭✭

Thanks Frank,

Yes, I tried restarting the radio a couple times but it still seems to be unable to recognize I purchased a license.

I was thinking that maybe it took a while for a server to update somewhere but maybe it is time for a support ticket as you say...

Gary

• KP4IP
    KP4IP Member ✭✭

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.