Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Unhandled Error when selecting MEMORY

Options
Mike VE3CKO
Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

When I go to Settings, Memory, I get these unhandled errors and after clicking OK on both SmartSDR v3.3.33 shutsdown. Rebooting the 6700 doesn't stop this error from coming up. I've gotten this a few times and a computer reboot seemed to stop it if I remember correctly. Surely could be my Win10 is messed up but thought I'd bring this up anyways.

Comments

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hi Mike

6700, SSDR 3.3.33 and Win 10Pro, using memory all the time. Just tried accessing memory both via SSDR and from FRStack. Tried to add and delete new memory without any problem. I would, if having your problems, to look for Windoz problems or re-installing SSDR.

GL, 73, Johan

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I created a support ticket for this.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wow ! I created the post yesterday, and I woke up this morning to not only to see a ticket being created on my behalf by Michael Walker, but a response to that ticket by Ken Wells at 8:03 am my local time with the solution to this problem. Ken said that "this is usually caused by a corruption on the SSDR.settings file on your computer." and that "

Gave me instructions on where the SSDR.settings file is and to delete it. (AppData/Roaming/FlexRadio Systems/ directory. I did that and this did fix the problem. A few settings like spot color and panadapter fill color defaulted but that's ok.

Ken went further to tell me the probable cause and how to avoid this from happening again: "You can reduce the chances of this corruption by closing the Memory table before you close SmartSDR. And always close the memory table, SSDR, DAX, and CAT before you restart your computer. (Or before Windows Update performs and automatic restart.)"

Yes I have closed down SmartSDR with leaving the Memory table open, good to know that I caused the issue and there is a simple fix, and great to know FlexRadio support once again has proven itself nothing but top grade.

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Real good info. Good to know. Tnx Mike for letting us know.

Johan

• W0AMT
    W0AMT Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for this detailed post. Deleting the SSDR.settings file fixed this exact same problem I was having with 2.8.1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.