Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Upgrade to 3.33 hi swr issues

Options
Guys

I had to downgrade because after upgrading both radios to 3.33 I was getting weird hi swr alarms from the PGXL's.I have two independent setups 2x 6600 with two PGxl's and both were acting the same. but while transmitting on one of them apparently between Slice TX switching (which very normal and never an issue in 3.239) one of the PGxl apparently got damaged its swr sensor. After downgrading the radios no more alarms but Im down with one amp. Any ideas?

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited December 2022
    Options

I have not heard of any amps getting damaged SWR detection circuit but I do know the 3.6.24 PG XL firmware can cause intermittent Hi SWR hardware alarms. This will be addressed in amp firmware that is in final testing.

In the meantime you can run the amp fans in contest mode and increase radio TX delay to 60 ms.

For the amp that is not working, open a Help Desk ticket.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

3.3.33 SmartSDR should not have anything to do with the PGXL High SWR Alarms on the PGXL. The reason being is the PGXL has no communication to SmartSDR in this regard.

I would report this via a support ticket but they will want a detailed layout of your installation so they can review things. They will want to see the IP addresses of all 4 devices and the settings screen for both PGXLs.

73 es HNY

• BG5ILX
    BG5ILX Member ✭✭
    Options

After the 3.33 version is tuned by the internal tuner, the standing wave displayed by the flex is much higher than the actual standing wave. 3-4 times out of 10 the standing waves are much higher. The standing wave display was normal in previous FLEX software versions.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@BG5ILX

Please open a support ticket with this and supply some pictures so they can be used as a reference to understand what you are seeing.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.