Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Voltage drop measured on transmit -- normal?



  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭


    I hate to disagree with you regarding DeOxit. The DeOXit D5 spray is 95% solvent which evaporates in a short time leaving only 5% of the actual active chemicals so there is little added dust accumulation where it is applied. It is nothing like WD40. If you don't like the spray It is available as a brush-on liquid in various concentrations.

    I've been using it successfully with great benefit for more than 40 years, when the original formulation was called Cramolin, but that's another story.

    And yes, if you are not careful you can overspray. But, with a little finess the spray is quite controllable. You can also mask off areas if necessary.

    I'm sure some people spray it everywhere and that is not the appropriate intended use of the product.

    We use some of the company's grease on 400A single pole connectors in our AC power distribution sysyems also with good success.

    I guess our experiences are different.

  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

    I just had this problem on my remote and that is the reason I visited it the other day if you saw my picture on FB.

    A 100 watt tune carrier showed a 10.4vdc reading on FRStack.

    The simple fact of plugging and unplugging the connector 'wiped' the corrosion and now it shows 13.8v with 100 watt tune carrier. This was something that IBM taught us in the Service days and why proper relay contacts actually slide across each other to wipe corrosion and reduce any resistance.

    I did this 3 or 4 times and all solved until the next time. DeOxit does prevent O2 from oxidizing the power pole connectors as others have mentioned.

    73 es HNY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.