Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Filter width after clicking spot

Rich McCabe
Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭

I am pretty sure I had this issue before but do not remember the resolution. When clicking a CW spot (Log4OM) using OmniRig as CAT, I end up with an odd offset filter width. Its 3K overall with about 2.6 above the frequency and .4 lower.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Rich

kd0zv

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

The radio will center your vfo on top of the CW signal based on your CW Pitch, likely 600hz.

VFO Carrier Frequency + CW Pitch = position of yellow line.

Based on the picture you posted (thanks for that btw), that is what looks like what happened.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Rich, if you select any of the narrower filters, they will center over your carrier. I assume that the 3.0K filter is there so that you can hear a sideband signal while in CW mode. I don't find it particularly useful so I tend to forget that it offsets differently than the other filters.

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭

Sorry for delay on responding. Apparantly its related to that filter width. I thought it was related to Log4OM changing the filter but its not. I am not sure how I did not catch this as I was pretty sure I was setting the filter to 250 or 400hz and Log4OM was bring it back to the 3K filter

But anyway, it seems to be OK. Thanks!

Rich

kd0zv

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.