SmartSDR v3.3.33 and the SmartSDR v3.3.33 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.1 and the SmartSDR v2.8.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.28 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.28
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
how to "reset B"
During hurricane Ian I was monitoring both Hurricane Watch Nets on 20 and 40m. It was really neat to be able to have VFO-A on 20m with AG selecting my 20m beam, while VFO-B was tuned to 40 and AG selecting the 40m beam. Worked like a champ.
Thankfully Ian passed and I wanted to go back to "normal" operating where most of the time I'm just using VFO-A, so I deleted the slice containing VFO-B and the 40m tuning. To my surprise, the Antenna Genius software stills shows B as selecting the 40m beam, even though there is no VFO-B in SmartSDR.
What's worse, switching VFO-A to 40 meters results in no signal because AG has locked A out of 40m because it thinks B still has it!
I've been able to reproduce this:
- Tune VFO-A to 20m (or any band). Notice AG has selected the right antenna for A.
- Create a 2nd VFO and change its band. Set the xmit and recv antenna to #2. Notice AG has selected the right antenna for B.
- Delete VFO-B. AG's display does not change.
- Change VFO-A to the same band you set on VFO-B. AG will show A is locked out because B still has it.
The only way I can reset or clear AG is to go to settings, configure device, and click the "reboot device" button at the bottom. After that AG shows no antenna selected for B and A works just fine.
What am I doing wrong?
Leave a Comment
- 19.5K All Categories
- 169 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 345 The Flea Market
- 6.5K Software
- 5.6K SmartSDR for Windows
- 99 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 257 SmartSDR for Mac
- 204 SmartSDR for iOS
- 194 SmartSDR CAT
- 131 DAX
- 327 SmartSDR API
- 8.1K Radios and Accessories
- 6.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 659 Maestro
- 34 FlexControl
- 799 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 531 Genius Products
- 305 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 191 Tuner Genius XL
- 35 Antenna Genius
- 154 Shack Infrastructure
- 102 Networking
- 266 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 104 Contesting
- 403 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 100 Amateur Radio Interests
- 672 Third-Party Software