Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

how to "reset B"

Options
n8wrl
n8wrl Member ✭✭

During hurricane Ian I was monitoring both Hurricane Watch Nets on 20 and 40m. It was really neat to be able to have VFO-A on 20m with AG selecting my 20m beam, while VFO-B was tuned to 40 and AG selecting the 40m beam. Worked like a champ.

Thankfully Ian passed and I wanted to go back to "normal" operating where most of the time I'm just using VFO-A, so I deleted the slice containing VFO-B and the 40m tuning. To my surprise, the Antenna Genius software stills shows B as selecting the 40m beam, even though there is no VFO-B in SmartSDR.

What's worse, switching VFO-A to 40 meters results in no signal because AG has locked A out of 40m because it thinks B still has it!

I've been able to reproduce this:

1. Tune VFO-A to 20m (or any band). Notice AG has selected the right antenna for A.
  2. Create a 2nd VFO and change its band. Set the xmit and recv antenna to #2. Notice AG has selected the right antenna for B.
  3. Delete VFO-B. AG's display does not change.
  4. Change VFO-A to the same band you set on VFO-B. AG will show A is locked out because B still has it.

The only way I can reset or clear AG is to go to settings, configure device, and click the "reboot device" button at the bottom. After that AG shows no antenna selected for B and A works just fine.

What am I doing wrong?

Brian n8wrl

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

In the AG setup for each antenna port, do you have None selected? If so, unselect None and just select the proper bands for each port.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• n8wrl
    n8wrl Member ✭✭
    Options

Dave, you are a genius! That "fixed" it!

I use "air quotes" because I still think that's a bug - the VFO is gone so its lock on the antenna should be too. But I'm back in business, so I'll take it!

Thanks, and 73!

-Brian n8wrl

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Glad it worked out.

I believe the None selection is designed for use with radios that cannot communicate with the AG.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.