Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Antenna Genius only follows one Rig correctly

Yes Port A on antenna Genius is assigned to rig One by Rig Serial #

Yes Port B on antenna Genius is assigned to rig Two by Rig Serial #

But, Antenna Genius only follows Band change on rig Two to the correct antenna (always)

Not so with Rig One. (Some times it does most often it will not)

Any hints as to why this happens

The user of Rig One Port A

Is remote user

Often necessitating station owner where both rigs are to manually force the antenna genius to the right antenna with a mouse click on the antenna genius software

Steve KG5VK

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Steve

make sure the antenna selection in the AG app config for radio 1 matches the radio.

Example - if Radio 1 is set to ANT1 in the AG and Radio 2 is set to Ant2 then first radio must have RX and TX antenna set to ANT1 and second radio must have RX and TX antenna set to Ant2

Dave wo2x

• Dave that is in fact always done...

I Do appreciate the feedback, However

Station procedure Rule for antennas is

Left Rig (considered rig 1) is Ant1 for rcv and xmt and even RCV only antenna is on Port A

Right rig (considered rig 2) is Ant2 for rcv and xmt and rcv only antennas is on Port B

I will note this only happens when the Remote Op is remoting into Rig one

No problems locally

And zero problems when I remote into Rig two

Steve KG5VK

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Steven Lott Smith

I would suggest that you reach out to 4O3A (support@4O3A.com) and describe the situation to them. They are the manufacturer of the Antenna Genius.

• David Decoons, wo2x

Hi Steve

i have not seen that symptom when I had two Flex radios connected to one AG. Right now I only have one radio so unable to try and reproduce.

as Mike said, contact 4O3A.

In the meantime, you can reset the AG using the dip switches when powering it up (procedure in the manual) then re-enter antenna and radio settings in case something in AG memory is corrupt.

Dave wo2x

• Email sent to 4O3A

awaiting reply

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭

What Firmware version are you running ? This was an issue on 3.08 and one or 2 after it but was fixed, I believe in 3.13

Ron, WV4P

• David Decoons, wo2x

3.1.5 is latest, plus there was a slight update to 3.1.5 on 4O3A site.

Dave wo2x

• I did contact 4O3A

They stated that a new firmware would be out within a few weeks making it more "Stable"

I was and I am still running version 3.1.5

If there was an update to that I have not seen it

However, Dave WO2X's comment implies that maybe there is a newer version of the same numeric firmware?

So maybe I should re-download?

I am also now running a MacBook Pro in addition to my Windows toolsets

The Mac is mainly used when I am on the road

I am running SmartSDR App for Mac by Marcus and seem to have some Antenna Genius issues there as well

So my struggle to once again love the Antenna Genius Tool continues

73 Steve KG5VK

• David Decoons, wo2x

you Might try downloading the 3.1.5 utility and install it over the top of what you already have then upgrade the firmware by browsing to the folder 3.1.5 installs to. Possible the first firmware upgrade to your swith didn’t go 100%

Double check dip switches 3&4 which set input type for radio 2.

You could try a reset too. Procedure is in the manual.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.