Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Red Flashing Light and Reboot

NG0Z
NG0Z Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Today I was in QSO at my transmit site, which is rare; I'm almost 100% remote. My radio then started flashing its power button in red. I know where to find the codes here on the community and in the operating guide but I wasn't able to see how many times it was flashing before it rebooted itself.

Also, when I'm remote, if this repeats itself, I won't be able to know what the code was either.

My question is, does the radio or SmartLink record these errors for later retrieval?

Tagged:

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi

No, those errors are not logged in the radio.

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭

Well, there's a hint for a process improvement. Flex being the King of remote operation, this is an obvious and reasonable expectation to have something in the way of a text file or report - or even have the radio email you.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

How would the radio email you if it is experiencing a problem booting? The problem could be such that it could not even generate an error log. Maybe a video camera at the remote location could capture the error flashes and record them for playback thru a computer that you could access from your location.

James

WD5GWY

• NG0Z
    NG0Z Member ✭✭

If the radio knows what the error is, and can generate the code that triggers the blinking red light, it could save it somewhere.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

I agree to a point. Even if it could generate an error log and save it, how would it send an email if the radio is in an error state. I guess it would depend on what the error is.

But, I agree that having access, to some sort of error reporting besides flashing lites would be nice to have.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.