Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SunSDR2DX and PGXL

Options

Hi everyone,

has anyone worked with SUNSDRDX2 with PGXL amplifier? I want to make such an attempt. I am asking for advice on how to do it?

73!

Slawomir

Answers

• la4jga
    la4jga Member
    Options
    Hi
    Did you have any luck connecting SUNSDRDX2 and PGXL ?

73es
    De LA4JGA Erik
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I looked at the manual, and it looks like there is an RS-485 out from the 15 Pin connector on the back. What I can't tell is what data is being sent via RS-485. You will need an RS-485 to RS-232 level converter and hopefully it is in Kenwood CAT format. I recommend you contact Sun directly.

Review section 3.4 on the SunSDR Manual?

Other than that, you can just use an RF Cable but you will have to make your own PTT cable from the 15 pin connector and run the amplifier in RF Sense mode.

Sun did not make this easy at all if you are a plug and play person.

Good luck, 73, Mike va3mw

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.