Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

About Flex6400 remote control problem

I'm using another one's flex6400.It works well,but another people heard my sound is stuck and hard to hear(looks like my throat was stuck). But while i using the Online chat software,my mic works well and not have another problem.But while i using radio to remote control calling,the sound problem goes on.Here is my setting:

Comments

• BH5HYB
    BH5HYB Member
    +ACC Open
    PROC OPEN
    MIC GAIN 50
    PROC :DX
    EQ:TX ON
    TX FILTER:100-2900
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Can you post a video?

Before you use/adjust any of the above, you must watch your Mic level settings. Never exceed -5dbm.

Now, that you are watching the Level meter 100% of the time, you need to check that your 20db boast if off as it sounds like you are overdriving it.

This video might help.

After you make these changes, let us know how you make out.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

For testing purposes, turn off the tx eq also. If eq is used, the general rule is cut before boost. The level meter on the flex is before the tx eq, so any boost can overdrive the audio and it won’t show on the meter.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.