Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Clicking artfact noise on receive above 14.000 mhz? ...is anyone hearing it

All

I am noticing a low level clicking noise on my 6400: sounds like clicking and can see it on the display waterfall...very low level and repeats but randomly... about 2 to 3 kHz wide and does not correspond to filter selection

I've switched ant inputs 1 and 2...tried different ants (Dipole & EFhw) noise is present on both antenna...and on different Pre-Amp settings... I have even swapped out the power supply.

Before I go any further I thought I would just ask.

Please constructive comments only,

Dave / KE1AV

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

You can rule out your radio by disconnecting your antenna. If it's still present without your antenna attached, then it could be the radio itself or power supply. I would also suggest downloading FTStack and looking at the voltage reading. You could be experiencing low voltage at the radio. A bad power pole connection can cause strange problems.

On the other hand, if it's only present with the antenna connected, you could be picking up RFI from a number of external sources. Regular clicking or popping can occur from an electric fence. Especially if grass around it has grown up close enough for it to short the fence to ground. Post a photo if you can. That might help identify what kind of problem you are having.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Dave S

Any chance you can post a video?

• Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭

Hello Mike,

I will try...

• Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭

I tried uploading a.MOV but it wouldn't let me...hopefully you can see the cliking noise in the attached

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

That looks like something that is outside your radio.

What happens when you use an antenna port connected to a dummy load?

• Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭

Agree...can anyone else hear it?

It's coming in on both my antennas, not the dummy load....which is why I was asking if others are hearing it...is it an artifact from WWV at 15.0Mhz?

• Dave S
    Dave S Member ✭✭

FYI:

Note to all...others are hearing this too:

As posted on QRZ From WD0BC:

NOTICING 'CLICKING' ACROSS 18 AND 20 METERS....POSSIBLY OTHERS...

IT THIS THE 'CHINESE' OVER HORIZON RADAR ??? OR WHAT?

THANKS