Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Insider

Trucker
Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Some time ago there was mention of a new Flex Insider coming out soon.

That has been several months ago. I hope that hasn't been forgotten. A lot of us would really like to know what the overall status of SmartSDR. And what,if any, future updates and/or upgrades are coming or at least planned. There are several bugs and features that really need attention. Some of the issues in current features have existed ever since the introduction of SmartSDR and the 6000 Series radios. I, and others have harped on those issues for years. And yet, nothing ever seems to be done about addressing those issues. Obviously, in this case, the squeaking wheel doesn't get any grease. And it's becoming obvious that it never will. Workarounds work, but shouldn't have to be needed for basic features.

How about some real communication with your customers FRS? But please don't mention things you don't really plan to address and make right.

James

WD5GWY

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 4

We are working on an Insider right now.

It is surprisingly long to publish so many departments agree and so many moving targets.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Looking forward to seeing it Mike. Thanks for replying.

James

WD5GWY

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

I receive the latest Insider today 8/8/22. Many thanks for the update. I was starting to wonder what the heck was going on. The last Insider / News Update I received was back in December 2020.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

That's good to hear.

I haven't received mine yet.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you didn’t receive it, you may not have signed up for FlexRadio communications.

You can email me at [email protected] and I will forward it to you.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Mike, thank you. I have been a subscriber to the Flex Insider ever since it was introduced. But, for some reason, ( one I outlined in my email to you) I haven't received the latest Insider. I did go ahead and sign up again on the Flex Insider page on the Flex Radio website. Hopefully, it will stick.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW

If you are having trouble subscribing, you can find it on this page:

Look way down at the bottom right

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Mike.

Found the link earlier and signed up.

Any idea if I will get the new Insider? Or will it not take effect till the next one

James

WD5GWY

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭

Did not get it either... :(

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭

I also didn’t receive a copy this time

Winston VK7WH

• VK7WH Winston
    VK7WH Winston Member ✭✭

Hello Mike, I signed up again for the Insider only to receive the response that my email was already registered, which I knew was the case. Would you mind following this up for me.

Many thanks,

Winston VK7WH

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Another member sent me a copy. If someone is thinking about buying new hardware, this Insider outlines the difficulty FRS, just like many manufacturers, is experiencing sourcing components to continue building their line of Amateur radio products. That is understandable. What isn't understandable, is no clear communication about the future of SmartSDR. No mention of improvements to existing functionality ( basic features) or possible future full versions of SmartSDR.

It would appear to me that other than addressing issues that effect the entire customer base, and creates a lot of complaints, Flex Radio has no real intention of improving upon the current version of SmartSDR. Much less planning to introduce a new, full version upgrade, with new, useful features.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW

If you didn't receive your Insider, please send me an email with your email address

[email protected]

In checking some of the logs, some of you may have marked us as spam once (that is tracked and reported to our emailing tools) and others, your email is soft bouncing. Unfortunately, I can't tell exactly why.

Others have not actually opt'd in or subscribed for notifications, at least from the data I have to review.

Lastly, make sure it isn't sitting in your spam folder.

It will be posted on the website shortly. We are just waiting for the company that manages the website to do it. https://www.flexradio.com/insider/

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Thanks Mike. I re-registered and got a confirmation email. But, still no official Insider from Flex Radio itself. I did however, receive a copy from another Flex user. So that base was covered. I have checked my Spam folder both online with my email provider and in Outlook on my pc. Neither one shows an email from FRS. I appreciate your help.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW

All

Here is the latest insider in case you missed it.