Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Node-Red Based, Flex Signal Strength Meter

Options
Alan
Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Using Node-Red, I built an integrated Flex Slice Signal Strength Meter. Details and downloads can be found on the Ham Radio Group IO site:

Here is a screenshot of the meters. I have a 6600, so, four slices:

There is a Pull-Down selector to select what is displayed on the gauge header:

There is a Pull-Down Selector to select the display and squelch source, either the instant signal strength or the peak signal strength (peak over the last five-second window). The red "tick bar" on the gauge shows the peak receive level:

Mute and Squelch mode is selected from a Pull Down. The meter background color is yellow: mute on, and black: mute off:

The Squelch threshold is set by clicking on the gauge and is indicated by the red bar in the header. Squelch source is either the instant receive level or the peak receive level (I like using the peak level for squelch control):

The gauge header will show when the Flex is in MOX:

If a Flex Slice is not open, the Slice Status will be shown in the gauge header:

Alan. WA9WUD

Comments

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

I cannot for the life of me get this to work. What could I possibly be doing wrong.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Say this 10 times fast

Flex Slice Signal Strength Meter

:)

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Steven

Happy to do a Team View or Zoom to take a look.

Could you send me your phone number? a.alan.blind@gmail.com

Alan. WA9WUD

a.alan.blind@gmail.com

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fixed

We needed to add link connections to Dave's WO2X Flex connections.

Also, per request, changed out small meters for large meters.

Alan. WA9WUd

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thanks for the hour of help today on the phone and teamviewer . . . You are an awesome asset to this board and answered all this newbie's questions regarding Node Red.

Thanks Again

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.