Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL and Icom IC-7610 CI-V Address?

I received the TGXL last week.

I am trying to get it to talk with the Icom 7610. I connected a TS(Mono) 3.5mm cable from the Icom Remote jack to the TGXL CI-V A jack.

I enabled the CAT/CI-V tab and set the CI-v Address to 98. However, there is no 98h option in the TGXL CI-V pulldown.

Not getting any band data communication.

Anyone configure this and has it working? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Arizona Mike

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Try this:

Radio Type Icom

Baud Rate 9600 make sure the radio is the same baud rate

8N1

CV-I: 6A

Hope this helps...

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Thanks but changing the CI-V address to 6A precludes SDR Control from connecting and controlling the radio via ethernet.

Unfortunately, SDR Control doesn't have the option to change the CI-V address.

I was hoping that Flex had resolved this issue on the Tuner Genius and eventually do the same for the PGXL.

Having to use RF Sense is like operating gear in 1980. :)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Arizona Mike

You may consider reaching out to 4O3A directly as they are the manufacturer of the TGXL. FlexRadio is the distributor only.

You can reach them via their website and their email support address.

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Hmm, not what I expected to hear.

I am going to connect to a Flex 6600 so ultimately this is not an urgent issue. However, I am hearing a bit of grumbling from the swamp regarding the "Not Ready For Primetime" issues.

Disappointing in any event.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Mike

I only suggest that as a way to get to those that do the design, programming and configuration. We do not have access to the source code to make changes.

4O3A does not monitor the community, but I do know they respond to emails to their support alias.

I only offer this as a suggestion to get to those that can make any changes required.

I can't comment on the grumbling, I can only comment with reliability with those that have contacted us directly. We are still taking orders for TGXL's daily and shipping immediately as they arrive from 4O3A.

• Arizona Mike
    Arizona Mike Member ✭✭

Thank you Mike.......

Let me say that I love my PGXL / TGXL since they arrived. I have yet to encounter a tuning solution here that the tuner can't resolve.

My biggest concern as was expressed by another person this week is auto band changing with a non Flex Radio and interconnection with the PGXL which isn't really addressed in the 403A manual. That particular customer wants to use the tuner and amp with his non-flex radio for ALE operations. I am sure that eventually, this too will be rectified.

Right now, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new 6600 and the Icom CI-V issues will be a distant memory.

Have a great day, and please note my intention was not to be be critical or argumentative.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Mike

• Mike-VA3MW

We hear you. ALE is a good test tool due to all the dymanics required.

As Amateur radio moves forward, it would be nice if Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu and Elecraft stop depending on RS232 as their primary method of rig control. That technology is over 1/2 a century old. I get it for Legacy support, but, wow, we are way past that.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.