Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

GPSDO Setup Flex 6700

Options
WNK
WNK Member ✭✭
I have a Leo Bodnar reference clock set up for 10mHz but I'm not sure what voltage level to set it at. The range is 8 to 32ma. The Flex SDR Software guide says I should be at about 5 dBm. I'm not sure about the conversion of this.
Second,,,does SmartSDR retain the offset from the previous OCXO calibration if it reverts back?
And third,,,I have User Guide version 3.1.7 and it shows in the radio setup window a place to select Auto,GPSDO or TCXO. I don't seem to have that option on my 6700.
Any help here?
I've attached a picture of my "RX" window.
Thank you in advance.
73 and Aloha, Bill

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options

Output power level (measured at 10MHz, fundamental power channel):

+13.3dBm, drive setting 32mA

+12.7dBm, drive setting 24mA

+11.4dBm, drive setting 16mA

+7.7dBm, drive setting 8mA

Those settings you don't see are only on the 6400 and 6600 models.

Your other question about reverting back to the last calibrated offset, I will let someone else answer because when I was running an external GPSDO I always calibrated with the gpsdo active. Also if you have read about the 6700 with external GPSDO some have had issues with it kicking out, I am one of those that had this problem so I opted for the internal GPSDO.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

When using an external reference, there is no requirement to calibrate as the external reference is considered calibrated.

The calibration only affects TCXO or the OCXO in the radio. The TCXO or OCXO are not used if there is a GPSDO or an 10Mhz external reference available and selected.

On the 6700, the source of reference is automatically selected when you boot the radio.

• WNK
    WNK Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you both for the reply's. I now have a much better understanding of the GPSDO.

So you both have answered what I needed to know. THANK YOU BOTH for taking the time and hope to see you in my log as the cycle improves.

Aloha and 73,

Bill

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.