Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

By-Pass mutes receive

Kevin_1969
Kevin_1969 Member ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Tuner Genius XL
I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. I've only had my tuner for 4 days, and when the tuner enters the by-pass mode the receive is disconnected, as if the antenna has been removed. A quick key up in by-pass and the receive returns too normal. Sounds to me like a relay is not working.

Also when in operate, as I tune an out of resonance antenna for a band, the receive signal strength does not change, almost as if the antenna tuner is in full time receive by-pass mode, even when the by-pass mode is unselected in the settings menu.

With my manual tuner, as I tune the antenna the received signal comes up, not so with the TGXL.

I was wondering if anyone had similar experiences, before I fill out a ticket for help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I would open a support ticket. I would do it for you, but without a callsign, I wasn't able to.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Kevin,

Open a Help Desk ticket but while waiting for the response, try a factory reset of the tuner.

Turn off the tuner using the rear power switch. Then Hold the Bypass/Operate button while turning the rear power switch back on. Continue to hold the button until Config Reset is displayed.

It is worth a shot to try.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.