Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6400M has temporary distortion on strong receive signals before it self adjusts/

Options

While answering an email, I heard my 6400M audio go up in volume and change tone. I looked at the screen and it appeared the AGC-T was running amuck. The window that opens when you adjust the AGC-T was visible and the #s were rapidly going up. I turned the knob and it stopped but the audio was distorted. I went into all my settings and could not correct the audio. I had to do a hard reboot. When the Flex rebooted, my saved profiles were no longer available so I went in and reset everything to acceptable levels with one problem. Strong stations are distorted for a second or 2 until, what I think is happening, the AGC finally adjusts that level to stop the distortion. Any suggestion on what setting I am missing that could be causing the distortion? It is NOT the AGC-T. My receive audio EQ is set to where it was prior to the hard reboot. (I have several cell phone pics I took of screen savings)

Tagged:

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Mike J

I would save your profiles on your PC, reset the radio and then test again. If the problem doesn't resurface, then import your profiles and see if the problem comes back.

Do you have any software programs communicating with the radio?

Are you using MultiFlex?

This will help isolate the issue.

• Mike J
    Mike J Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike,

I thought I had saved my profiles to my computer, twice. The radio is not finding them. Not that big of a deal as I made notes and photos of most of the settings I have running. I have not had the run-a-way audio since but I have done 2 hard reboots with no joy on the temp distortion of strong signals. I have the Flex connected to my computer but I have no programs currently running with it. Let me emphasize that I am not sure it was the AGC-T that was the problem. When I looked that the Flex screen, I saw the same white window you get when you adjust the AGC-T, Low Shift, High Width knobs. The value was rapidly increasing on its own. I was not operating the radio at the time, I was just monitoring the band. Until I hard rebooted, both the High and Low numbers did not correspond with the audio I was hearing.

• Mike J
    Mike J Member ✭✭
    Options

Still have not found a setting or combination of settings that stopps the problem

• Mike J
    Mike J Member ✭✭
    Options

Has anyone had this problem? Any signal on 20 meters that is 5-9+ starts of muted, becomes distorted and then is fine. It takes a a second or two to go from the extreme to readable.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options