Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Problems in the recording scratched Flex 6400M

good night

It is incredible that in all versions of v3 of SSDR

I have the same problem in the recording, when I record it comes out scratched, I have several friends with the same radio and the same problem, and I tried doing the factory reset and it's still the same

can anybody help me.

thanks 73

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

What do you mean by scratched?

Dave wo2x

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I think he means scratchy Dave.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2022

Scratchy audio can be due to several reasons.

overdriving level, TX EQ sliders too high, RF in audio.

I’d start by running TX EQ off and ensure peak indicator doesn’t exceed zero. If still scratchy, then try reducing power to check RF in audio.

Dave wo2x

• N4RAG
    N4RAG Member ✭✭

Hi Dave, Thanks for replying.

I mean when I record

a person and transmit the recording,

it comes out as if the radius was missing

memory, where some jumps in the audio of the recording.

73"

• David Decoons, wo2x

Sounds like possibly a network issue dropping packets?

are you hearing the dropouts or just people over the air? Does it get better at lower power?

Open a Help Desk ticket.

73 Dave wo2x

• N4RAG
    N4RAG Member ✭✭

ok david

I am recording with the direct radio not using soft, I have 6400M

because I ruled out the network, the problem is that it's not me alone

my friends have the same radio and the same thing happens.

73"

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

The 6400M still uses a network connection between the Radio and the M Head so still may be what Dave said.

When connected to a Router that hands out IP address's, Both the Radio and M Head have to pull different IP address's from the DHCP router. If no Router then they use Automatic Private IP Addressing using the 169.254.x.x IP range.

Bret

WX7Y

• David Decoons, wo2x

My 6600m records off the air and plus back perfectly. I suggest you open a Help Desk ticket. There may be something else in the setup causing problems.

You are not providing enough information to properly determine the issue. For example what band? What mode? How strong is the station you are recording? Where is the preamp set? What is the AGC-T set to? RX EQ enabled?

If you have the preamp on it adds extra band noise. Also with AGC-T up higher it again adds extra noise. On 80 meters for local conversations I run 8 dB attenuation and ACC-T of 34. This quiets the background noise quite a bit but stations S9 or stronger are heard fine.

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x

Also, most important - what version software? And have you tried right after a cold boot or reset of the radio?

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Dave is correct. You need to open a support ticket please.

• N4RAG
    N4RAG Member ✭✭

Thank you all for the information

I appreciate your time, the soft is SmartSDR v3.3.32,

where I record is always LSB and the Band is 40 Meters

73"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.