Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartLink stopped working | SmartSDR for Mac & iOS

Options
KP4IP
KP4IP Member ✭✭
edited June 2022 in SmartSDR for Mac

My SmartLink stopped connecting to my radio some time ago, I don't exactly know when it stopped working since I don't use it much, I usually use VPN.

After TS I opened a ticket with Flex support and they asked me to try SmartLink on a Windows computer, to my surprise the windows version worked right away.

My ask to the forum is if anyone currently uses SmartSDR for mac or SmartSDR for iOS could you check if your SmartLink is working?

I submitted all the information to Flex support and I'm waiting for their response.

Current setup:

SSDR for mac version : 2.1.07

SSDR for iOS version : 5.0.4

FlexRadio FW: 3.2.39

Comments

• AA5SH
    AA5SH Member ✭✭
    Options

I just did a quick test and was able to connect to my remote flex using SmartLink using both MacOS and on my IPhone. I have the same versions as you.

You may want to reach out to Marcus directly - Go to Preferences -> Information and Support - there is a link there to email him.

Good luck on getting it figured out.

Michael, AA5SH

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Just an FYI, Marcus is not a fan of using DHCP and uPNP and wants people to hard code things.

This is OK if you understand what it does and can debug it if fails.

FRS prefers you use DHCP (and DHCP reservations if you need to 'fix' code your IP address) and uPNP turned on in your router as a simple reboot of the radio and router solves 99% of the issues with SmartLink and gets you operational in the shortest amount of time.

• KP4IP
    KP4IP Member ✭✭
    Options

It seems that the firewall was somehow blocking the inbound connection, it just started working again after assign a new ports range and then revert them to the original ports. Like Mike said routers issues maybe...

Thanks to both for responde back to my ask.

73' KP4IP

• Tilio
    Tilio Member ✭✭
    Options
    Different Problem: ipad 12.9 software 15.6.1, smartlink working under win8.1 with pc, internet in Stuttgart is Vodafone 1gbit, flex6400 in Padua italy flex6400 connected to TIM net 1gb: After 11 sec connection freezer, i have to disconnect and riconnect to have other 11secs working. Is it a problem of firewall in local net? Should i ask Marcus?