Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Enable 11m band

juanr
juanr Member
edited November 2023 in New Ideas
Enable 11m band
6 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

I believe this has been discussed before in our forums, but 'activation' of any band of frequencies depends upon the allocations allowed for your IARU jurisdiction. There are various TURF files available for the FLEX radios to accommodate different jurisdictions. Your best action is to submit a Help Desk Request and they will help you get the appropriate TURF file.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I can say with conviction, this one will not happen.

• John Mikucki
    John Mikucki Member ✭✭

No dog in this fight, but curious to learn something from the thought process, @Mike-VA3MW . I assume it's to avoid people (like me :) ) accidentally stepping on the CB, government, and various other landmines in that frequency range. Any other major reasons?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

The Flex 6000 series is not type accepted for operation in that frequency range. And that is just the United States. There are certifications for other countries the radio would need to pass as well. Not going to happen.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

This is not a decision that is directed at anyone at all. There are legal reasons beyond the obvious that we can't elaborate on. Sorry, we can't explain beyond that.

• M0JUE
    M0JUE Member ✭✭

There are legal reasons beyond the obvious that we can't elaborate on. Sorry, we can't explain beyond that.

Explain Please

This discussion has been closed.