SmartSDR v3.3.33 and the SmartSDR v3.3.33 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.8.1 and the SmartSDR v2.8.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.7.28 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.7.28
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.16 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.16
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
missed characters keying cw manually
Talked about this before but it's worse now. When sending cw sometimes the radio does not go into xmit mode. Sending with a sk, bug, or cootie it's the same. Send a string of dahs and maybe 1 out of 8-10 times the radio just does not go into xmit, no mox light, nothing. Was xmiting with a sk and it did not xmit so I held the key down then I tapped the bug and 2 different cootie keys and no xmit, so I'm pretty sure it is not the keys.
Have all the manual keys plugged into a box with 10 inputs and one output that is plugged into the breakout box on the back panel that is plugged into the acc jack. Have also tried plugging keys directly into the breakout box and it's the same. Took the breakout box off the radio and checked all the connections, only have two, key and gnd. I have used 2 different cootie keys, 4 different straight keys and probably 6 different bugs, each key with a different cable, same for all.
Don't think I have ever had a problem with the electronic key paddles. Hold it and create many dahs and no problem. Or even manually create many dahs one at a time and no problem. But then I grab one of the manual keys and have the problem.
This happens when xmiting 100 watts or 0 watts so it's probably not an rf problem. Not band dependent either. Seems that after it sits for a few mintues then it is worse. Key it a few times, get 2-3 of the no-key events and then it seems to happen less frequently. Does not matter if I'm operating from the radio front panel or from SSDR on Windows 10. Happens when using smartcontrol mode. Tried using multiflex on SSDR slice and it happens.
Never had this problem until I updated to ver 3.3.29 with a new sd card. In the 3-4 months I have had this 6400M I made many more contacts using 3.2.39 and never had the problem. Have done a few factory resets and it did not help. I'm not doing anything exotic with the radio, it's used for mostly slow cw and occasionally a short ssb exchange.
- 19.5K All Categories
- 167 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 342 The Flea Market
- 6.5K Software
- 5.5K SmartSDR for Windows
- 99 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 255 SmartSDR for Mac
- 204 SmartSDR for iOS
- 194 SmartSDR CAT
- 131 DAX
- 326 SmartSDR API
- 8K Radios and Accessories
- 6.6K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 656 Maestro
- 34 FlexControl
- 799 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 526 Genius Products
- 302 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 190 Tuner Genius XL
- 34 Antenna Genius
- 152 Shack Infrastructure
- 101 Networking
- 262 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 104 Contesting
- 398 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 99 Amateur Radio Interests
- 665 Third-Party Software