Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What size is the SD card in 6600M which had the PEN update?

First question is what size SD card is in the 6600M?

Second, my 6600M underwent the PEN update when it was first announce.

i was wondering if it received an updated SD card at that time?

Paul K3SF

Best Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

hi Mike...

egads :=)

... i am not sure where i put that ticket and paper work as it has been quite a few years (~5) since it was done.

i did send the 6600m back to Flex to do the actual PEN update... yeas ago

I have No problem with the 6600m even the update to 3.3.29 went well.

EXCEPT

When I did the update to 3.3.29 i had to revert back to 3.2.39 because my Mac s/w doesnt work properly with the update. I did file a trouble ticket and was advised to contact the mac s/w developers and then the trouble ticket was closed. I did contact Marcus developer of SSDR for Mac and was advised by him to hold off on doing the update to 3.3.29 as he was working the problem. The other mac s/w is xdax and xcat by Mario.

i have not contacted him yet.

Also know Flex is working an ATU issue with the update so i will wait till that fix and Marcus's update too.I

I asked the question so as to get a headsup if i should anticipate SD issue next time I try the update.

No trying to cause any trouble , just trying to get some info so i can make an informed decision.

Thanks

Paul K3SF

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

The card is a 4G card, at least anything past about 2019 should be. (don't 100% quote me on that).

You are ok to go forward and backward, so that shouldn't be a big issue. I do know that the developer of DogPark SDR had to make some changes with V3.3.

No worries. Always good to ask questions.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

You can look it up on your support ticket and if the card was replaced it would say so.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

Hi mike

I was able to find my email for the PEN and contacted FLex. The response i received from Ken Wells at Flex was no SD replacement was shown fro the PEN and based on the age of my 6600m it has the 256Mb SD.

So it sounds like it might be a good idea to replace the SD before failure hits with the current 256Mg SD

Any advice on how to do this would be helpful

Paul K3SF

• Mike-VA3MW

If it was me, I would just do the update. If it fails, we replace it for free and you get it in a few days. I would not do the update today since it might leave you without a radio all weekend, but do it Sunday night or Monday morning.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

well, i opened up the 6600m...

yep has 256mb SD...

has been put back in and booted up fine...

Oh ..while i have it open. i cleaned up the fan. and rest of the radio

not much dust at all

and

made sure the ether net cable from the front panel was tightly set since i was cleaning the fans and bumped it...

will try later this after noon for the update and see how all that goes

depends on social calendar how much 'free me time ' i actually have ;-)

Paul K3SF

• Mike-VA3MW

Thanks for the great picture. :)

We find that some people have a challenge getting the card in the correct place and then sliding the retaining clip back so that it locks in. It does take a bit of careful attention.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

hi all

ran the update this afternoon with this 256Mb SD.

all went well...

even got it working with my Mac s/w like Mac ssdr by Marcus

and xdax/xcat by Mario

and

running wsjtx native mac from main panel of 6600m

and

also with macssdr with four slice using xdax/xcat interface

and

with four instances of wsjtx

Paul K3SF

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭

UPDATE 12 May2022

I had ordered the 4GB SD as my 256Mb SD didnt fail just needed to be reseated

but i wanted my 6600m to be totally up to date.

the 4Gb SD arrived today from Flex

took about 2 minutes to install as i had already the case top off when i reseated the 256Mb SD

the 4Gb SD came with 3.3.29 on it...

The 6600m came right up and all my mac s/w working fine ( mldx, mac ssdr, xdax, xcat, wsjtx, fldigi)

OH...did have to rebuild my profiles but i am getting good at that...

Paul K3SF

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.