Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Mac - Changing Profiles Stops Transmit on External Digital Programs

W4JBB
W4JBB Member ✭✭

I am trying to acclimate myself to SmartSDR for Mac after having used SmartSDR for Windows for the past couple of weeks (I've only had the radio a couple of weeks ;) ).

After a couple of false starts with CAT and DAX, I have all of that working... Mostly...

This is pertaining to external digital programs not the built-in FT8 / RTTY functions. I have several profiles, two of which are 160 - 60 m digital and 40 - 10 m digital. I have these set up so I can click a profile without having to go to the VFO and click through different antenna settings. 160 - 60 m uses ANT1 for Tx/Rx and 40 - 10 m uses ANT2 for Tx/Rx. My problem is whenever I switch profiles, I cannot transmit. The rig goes into transmit and the software looks like it's transmitting but I get no carrier out. Nothing has changed as best I can tell from one profile to the next other than the ANTs swapping. I have checked DAX is enabled. Looking at my DAX streams, I'm using the right DAX channel. Nothing changes from one profile to the next. The only way I can get the radio to transmit a carrier is to restart SmartSDR.

I am using the same profiles between SmartSDR for Windows and for Mac. I have changed nothing and I do not have this problem in SmartSDR for Windows.

Thanks,

Joel, W4JBB

Answers