Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Mic settings via Acc input 6400

Options

I am trying to use the acc for use as a mic input. The signal chain is: dynamic mic to mic pre. Pre to acc 15 pin port via a trs to bnc cable, bnc to 15 pin connector.

On the radio I set the mic button to acc, and select the +acc button to on (blue)

When keying via foot switch, and setting gain via outboard pre, I do not seem to get modulation on the scope. Mic gain and proc do not seem to work. I assume I am adjusting gain and compression outboard. I do hear audio via monitor.

some guidance in mic set up via acc would be appreciated.

cheers all

Brad

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Brad

I opened a support ticket for you.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As I understand the use of the "ACC" mic via the 15pin connector:

• If the +ACC button is enabled, the ACC audio source will be added to the selected BAL audio or MIC audio (i.e. for a voice keyer plus your regular selected microphone source)
    • if you Select ACC as the microphone source, that will be the single audio input.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

I think I found the answers I am looking for in the hardware reference manual.

https://www.flexradio.com/documentation/flex-6400-and-flex-6600-hardware-reference-manual-pdf/

Any news on this? What is the pin out for line in? I see pin 1 is line in, but what is ground and do you use tip and sleeve?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.