Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB to Firewire interface for Flex3K

Options

I have a Flex3K and need to interface it with a new computer that does not have firewire connector. I am looking for an adapter preferably USB to Fire-wire that will allow me to use my new computer. Unfortunately, I do not have any expansion slots to add an internal Firewire connector. Thanks, Kent.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Sadly, there is no such adapter.

• KC9LIF
    KC9LIF Member ✭✭
    Options

Is there a PCi FireWire adapter card that I can get to add to another computer that I have to get it up and running again? I have not been active for several years due to health issues and am not up to speed on any of this right now and want to get back on the air. Thanks.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I read somewhere on a Legacy Flex group ( Facebook I believe ) that there is a Firewire adapter that works with a USB-C to Thunderbolt connection. You might find what you are looking for there.

James

WD5GWY

• NY2A
    NY2A Member ✭✭
    Options
    [{"insert":"Maybe this? "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://www.amazon.com/ANiceSeller-Firewire-Female-Adaptor-Convertor/dp/B07PSMP7GX/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=firewire+to+usb+c&qid=1647993130&sr=8-5"},"insert":"https://www.amazon.com/ANiceSeller-Firewire-Female-Adaptor-Convertor/dp/B07PSMP7GX/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=firewire+to+usb+c&qid=1647993130&sr=8-5"},{"insert":"\n"}]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.