Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any success using RTTY Skimmer?

I'm having problems getting VE3NEA's RTTY Skimmer Server to work. A search through the discussions here all seem to lead to dead ends and I'm curious if anyone has gotten it to work, and if so, how. (I've configured it according to the RTTYSkimSrv.pdf on the DXAtlas site.)

A description of my issues in a nutshell: Lets say I want to skim 20M RTTY. When I start the skimmer it forces my Flex to the 80M band. If I change back to 20M manually, it forces it right back to 80M. I don't see anything in RttySkimServ.ini that might cause that. And on the skimmer band scope, I see noise on the "RX0" screen, but no others.

I've obviously gotten well off the road somewhere and if there is a step by step guide for configuring it for SSDR v3.2.39 I hope someone can direct me to it.

Rick N0VT

Comments

• Tom OK1DWQ
    Tom OK1DWQ Member ✭✭

I baght the skimmer but it not work with any configuration.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Have you tried it with SDR Bridge?

• Rick N0VT
    Rick N0VT Member ✭✭

Yes, but it's been a couple of months and I don't recall why I wasn't able to get it to work. I'm probably going to need help on the "go here and click that" level.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.