Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Graphical display for Elecraft Power Combo

Options
David_NK5G
David_NK5G Member ✭✭

Many Flex customers also use the Elecraft power combo. (KPA500/KAT500)

Since the Flex does a great job of communicating with the said devices, can it be an added feature to be able to see the KPA500 power and SWR similar to the Flex power genius in SmartSDR?

An added bonus would be able to control the KPS500 and KAT500 from within SmartSDR.

This would be great for those of us who like to use the system remotely. 😀

4 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

HI David, I use TeamViewer to control the amp and tuner using DDUtil with my Flexicraft station when operating remotely. I have remote access to all the front panel buttons on the tuner and amp. I also get the bonus feature that when I put the amp in standby, the 6400 power goes up to 100. When the amp goes into operate mode, the power drops to the predefined value (based on band) saved in DDUtil.

All that being said, I do like your idea. I think there are a lot of KPA 500 / KAT 500 users in the Flex community.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi David

With many things to do, I can't see us ever getting to do this one, especially since we have a competitive product in the Power Genius XL and Tuner Genius XL.

We would rather see you using our products.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

You can always use Node Red to interface the amp and tuner to the Flex, then have a graphical interface available from any web browser.

Your idea of having Flex add the Elecraft amp and tuner into SmartSDR is like asking Elecraft to add control for the Power Genius and Tuner Genius into the front panel of the K4. Not going to happen.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.