Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Connecting pc to FlexRadio..... No Joy!

I have spent the past few day trying to connect my windows 10 pc to my FlexRadio in the same lan network. Everything works except the microphone. When I try to select the pc on the radio (pc screen) it will not accept it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭

Need a little more information:

1. What type of microphone are you trying to use
    2. How is your microphone connected to the Flex

73 Ronnie

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

The profile you're using doesn't have the mic connector selected in it.

• sas053
    sas053 Member ✭✭
    The mic is in a headset boom, plugged into the pc, one into the speaker and other into the mic. I tested it on echolink and it worked fine. I can hear myself when I turn on the monitor speaker in the windows sound program. I know that I am just missing something in the radio side of things. Everything else is working between the radio and the pc. Go figure!
  • Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

If you have the headset connected to your pc and not the radio, you have to configure settings in SmartSDR. There is a section in the manual for your radio that explains this.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

TRANSMITTING USING THE DEFAULT RECORDING DEVICE To transmit using a microphone connected to the PC, select the PC option from the MIC input menu. This automatically selects the Windows default recording device for your MIC input

Pages 74 thru 75 in the SmartSDR Users Guide explain how to setup microphone and pc audio for transmit and receive using microphone connected to the pc instead of the radio. Same for audio playback.

I would suggest you go to Flex Radio's website and download the User's Guide if you haven't already done so. There is a lot of good information there.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

One of our most watched videos

• sas053
    sas053 Member ✭✭

I'm not sure if I need to, but everything is working good with the microphone. Thanks for all of the help.

KC9TTF

Scott

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.