Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Control conflicts with Silicon Labs

I am running a Yaesu FTDX 10 as a backup to my Flex 6600. I have installed the Silicon Labs USB to UART Bridge drivers... they work great with controlling the FTDX 10. I have recently decided to hookup my Flex Control and to my surprise my rig control was no more for the Yaesu FTDX 10. After lots of investigating... I discovered that as soon as I plug the Flex Control in... my computer will make noises as if a new device is connecting... which it is. But then my Silicon Labs UART Bridge drivers disappear from the Device manager. If I unplug the Flex Control the Silicon Labs UART Bridge re-appears in the device manager and then my Yaesu works great with my logging program. Any Suggestions on the fix?? I would like to be able to use the Flex Control with out having to unplug it every time I choose to run the FTDX 10.

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭

Change the com port number of the flex control to a higher com port that is not being used by anything else.

• Ha Gei
    Ha Gei Member ✭✭✭

I hope it works, as i have found that the Yaesu specific ( FTDX10 ) silabs driver is incompatible with others. I am not sure what it was, but it happened to me and i had to reinstazll Yaesu Drivers ( FTDX 101d ) which then create other havoc. I don´t recall what specifically went wrong, but there is some problem documented in the web.

Harry

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Yaesu and Icom use the same Silicon Labs driver (they are not especially signed for Icom and Yaesu).

In one case, with my Icom IC-9700 I actually had to do a full reinstall of Windows to get them to work together. This was after a few weeks of some very intensive debugging. It was at that point I gave up and started over. It is well documented on the IC-9700 email reflector. I eventually sold the 9700. :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.