Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR for Mac and fldigi Audio heard but no Xmt Power

Options

I finally got fldigi to communicate with the Flex 6700 enough to follow the frequency of the radio. In RTTY I try to send a string of characters, the radio goes into transmit mode and I hear the audio monitor output the characters but my RF power is zero. Has anyone had this problem?

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ken, how are you monitoring / hearing the audio? From the Mac, or from the radio? Also, what are you using to bridge audio from Fldigi to DAX? I use LoopBack, not free, but really capable and solid.

• Ken D'Alessandro
    Options

Thanks Ted,

It has become worse. fldigi crashes whenever I try to configure it. I am running Catalina OS 15 so I suspect that may have something to do with it.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ken, remove the configuration file for Fldigi, then start it up and configure it - it is likely corrupt. I use OSX 10.15 with no problem.

• Ken D'Alessandro
    Options

Ted would you be kind enough to send me screen shots of your fldigi Rig and Soundcard configuration pages. There are a million checkboxes and fields to fill in and the fldigi documentation is bad enough for Windows but it is non existant for Mac. I have configured ifldigi so that it follows the Flex slice frequency but it crashes when I try to transmit (in RTTY mode, the only one I have tried). Also there is no activity on the waterfall even though the green volume indicator on the right side next to the squelch level control is always at maximum so I am not sure I am even getting receive audio into fldigi. The Flex slice DAX is set to Ch 1 but there seems to be no way to tell that to fldigi.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options

[Edited to add the link.]

Check out this thread, Ken, and let me know if there is missing information. I can fill in anything more if you wish - that one used xDax and xCat, not SSDR for MacOS, so there are a few differences, although from the Fldigi side, they are configured exactly the same, and both need something like Loopback to make an audio connection. CAT can be done either through pseudo-serial port ("RigCtl") or using Flex library through the CAT port.

If there is insufficient information there, look me up on QRZ and send me an email.

https://community.flexradio.com/discussion/7724576/how-to-get-fldigi-working-with-flex-6300-on-windows-or-macos