Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

WSJT-X Rig control error

KØFUZ
KØFUZ Member ✭✭
edited January 2022 in Third-Party Software

Flex 6400, Windows 10, WSJT-X v 2.5.4 d28164

Will operate fine and then after 5 minutes or so throw a Rig Control error

Hamlib error: IO error

network.c(441):network_close return(0)

iofunc.c(361):port_close return(0)

rig.c(1047):rig_open return(-6) IO error

network.c(441):network_close return(0)

iofunc.c(361):port_close return(0)

iofunc.c(361):port_close return(0) while opening connection to rig

Any ideas much appreciated!

John K0FUZ

Tagged:

Answers

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Hi John:

I have never had luck with Hamlib running my Flex even with FLDIGI. Below please find a link to a You Tube video

which configures WSJT-x and A Flex radio to communicate directly using an IP address. I have used this configuration for several years with no problems. You have to add a cat port or two and perform the set up in WSJT. Its all in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxageEY7-Pw

73 stay Warm and safe

Gayle K0FLY

• KØFUZ
    KØFUZ Member ✭✭

Gayle - I have my WSJT set up exactly as Mike describes in his You tube video above and have had from the start. Is there a conflict with hamlib. I know nothing about hamlib other than seeing it in the error report.

Thanks John

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

John:

Guess I don't know about any conflicts. What other software are you using that relies on Hamlib for the radio interface (Loging program?). Can you switch that software to use another rig interface line Omnirig?

My Logger (Log4OM) uses Omnirig to communicate with the radio and Uses a UDP port to communicate with WSJT-x. When I complete an FT-8 contact the WSJT log is updated as well as the station log running in Log4OM.

Gayle

• KØFUZ
    KØFUZ Member ✭✭

Gayle - I have no other piece of s/w running. I do have my SPE 1.5 amplifier connected to the radio.

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

John,

In my fully biased opinion, you should give Slice Master a try. With it, you dont have to worry about configuring WSJT-X at all. Slice Master will configure and launch it for you on any or all of your slices. COM ports are not required.

--Don

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

One more piece of input, John, based on my own experience of intermittent rig control errors. Of course, your CAT control is through Ethernet, and polling is usually constant, so any interruption of Ethernet connectivity will result in potential rig control errors.

in my case, I had a flaky Ethernet switch that would cause the error. Check your network to be sure it is solid, especially if it once worked well.

• KØFUZ
    KØFUZ Member ✭✭

Thanks to all who have responded.

My fix was to switch to Slice Master. Things are solid now but I am standing by with my fly swatter.

Thanks again!!

John K0FUZ

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.