Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY Roundup

K5XH
K5XH Member ✭✭

Just wondering how many used Flex equipment in the recent RU.

I used my 6600, PGXL, TGXL and AGXL for 24 hours total. Running SO2R at about 900-1000 watts per band. Everything worked flawlessly. So good, that after the first 12 hours I was hesitant to shut things down before taking a 6 hour break. So I put the amp in standby, left everything else on, and went to bed! Picked back up in the morning and went for another 12 hours. This is the first RU in which I was able to use all the XL pieces together.

73, Mark K5XH

Comments

• CharlieW
    CharlieW Member ✭✭

I used my 6400 in the RTTY roundup and it did a great job.

• Ian
    Ian Member ✭✭

I also used my 6600, PGXL, TGXL and AGXL running SO2R with N1MM+ all worked great

Ian VE3JI

• rsobol
    rsobol Member ✭✭

Hi Ian. I am trying to get RTTY working with the same set up as you just mentioned and wonder if we can take a configuration discussion off-line? I attempted to email you at your QRZ address but my message is bouncing back. My address is good on QRZ.

Thanks,

Randy

KH6XX

• W7NGA
    W7NGA Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Viking Valiant, Hallicrafters SX-101A, HAL ST-6000, Model 15

Noisy for sure ... but still working since 1965

• K5XH
    K5XH Member ✭✭

W7NGA -

Wow, that brings back a few memories! Glad it is all still working. I regret it now but I threw away my Model 15, a Model 14 typing reperf, and a TD unit years ago and went the computer route. Rig back then was a Central Electronics 200V and a 75S-3, TU was a homebrew "Mainline TTL" by Irv Hoff.

73, Mark K5XH

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.