Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Burn mark

K6JV
K6JV Member ✭✭

Model A Maestro suddenly shows what appears to be a burn mark at the bottom of the screen. Is this a swollen internal display battery issue? Is there a fix?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

That mark is the battery starting to fail and it is pushing on the display.

The fix is to open it up and replace the battery. You can open a ticket if you like, but I believe the supply of replacement batteries has dried up for that tablet which is unfortunate for everyone.

• K6JV
    K6JV Member ✭✭

So when the battery dies, I throw the Maestro away! Nobody makes a replacement?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited January 2022

You can open a support case and ask if we are still doing the battery replacement.

The battery is for a Dell Venue 8 Pro 5830. If you are handy, you can replace it yourself, but it is a delicate but not impossible operation.

I found this in Canada. https://www.canadalaptopbattery.com/dell-battery/dell-venue-8-pro-5830-tablet-laptop-battery.htm and I have used them before. You may find them in the US.

• Mike-VA3MW

I just checked, and if you open a support ticket, we can replace the battery still.

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

Good to know Mike, my Maestro A is fine so far but would be a good idea to order one for when it will be needed. So to confirm, the link you provided is the battery replacement that will go with the Maestro A ?

• I seldom use my Maestro-A model and this morning I went to power it up and notices what looks like some kind of blemish at the bottom of the screen. Powered on the display and touch functions are fine, just this smudgy looking shadow. I think it is the battery issue described in several threads. I was wondering if anyone has done a video on the replacement. Out of curiosity, will the Maestro work without this battery using the external supply and/or external USB connected battery?

Thanks...

Mike K9MK

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Thwe internal Tablet battery is strting to swell and is pushing on the Screen causing the screen to do what I think your seeing, It is best to send it into Flex to have the Internal Battery (NOT the one in the User Battery case yours may have) Replaced before it causes permaniant damage to the Maestro.

There are a write up or two on the subject on the Flex Email community somewere.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.