Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Hesitation when switching from xmt to rcv

Lately I have notice an increase in the time the radio switches between transmit and receive when operation ssb. It is a slight hesitation 1/2 sec or less increase in time but noticeable from previous times. Any suggestion on settings that might have changed and how to adjust etc appreciated.

Thanks - 73,

Dave K9UK

Answers

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Dave, take a look at your Radio Setup and see if your TX delay or any of your other timings have excessively high settings. I have my TX delay at 30 for a relay amplifier. When I had it at 0 the power from the rig would fold back momentarily due to swr until the relay was closed all the way. all my other settings are at zero. If you're in vox the vox delay when going back to receive. Just a couple quick thoughts. Hope you find it.

Erika DD

• Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭

Thanks Erika,

You may have hit on it -- My TX1 was set at 100 - I changed to 50 and it seems better

Really appreciate the response --HNY

Dave

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Dave

More details required:

• which radio?
    • which software version?
    • Remote via SmartLink?
    • MultiFlex involved?
    • Is WiFi on your lan part of the data path?

Mike

• Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭

Radio - 6600

Software: v3.2.39

Not remote

Multiflex Not involved

Both rig and computer are connected to the same switch

Hope that info helps - As mentioned above I changed the TX1 timing from 100 to 50 and that may have helped. I noticed a few days ago that the transition from transmit to receive was slower than normal. It could be that the changing the TX1 timing helped but if you think there are other possible settings that may have caused the delay please pass this information along.

Mike your response is appreciated,

Dave K9UK

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭

While checking our club 6600 against our ICOM several interesting notes:

With speaker on the PC, through smartsdr - there was significant delay (as per others' comments on Windows audio delay).

That changed to very little delay with amplified speakers connected to the 6600 rear audio output

Keeping the 6600 speakers, the filter sharpness was adjusted showing less delay at wide vs brick wall settings, as described by FlexRadio documentation.

At times the 6600 was faster delivering audio than the ICOM.

Re TX to RX delay - that is directly associated as to where the monitor is. Your report was listening on the PC. Try the same test listening at the radio. When contesting I ALWAYS listen at the radio

• Dave
    Dave Member ✭✭

Thanks Stan -

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.