Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

lost output

Options

Lost output power on 15 & 17 m bands on my 6400 , odor came from radio

Comments

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You probably transmitted into a high swr condition and blew some chip capacitors in the low pass filter. That will also hurt receiver sensitivity on those bands. It will need to go in for repair most likely.

• DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    Options

Did not run it into high swr

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

A high SWR will not damage the radio. It has protection for just such incidents.

Please open a support ticket.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Support

• DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike i know SWR will damage the radio, but my SWR is not high, i have been losing about 10 to 15 watts output after the radion had been use for hour or so . I have made a support ticket and in process of sending the radio back.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Actually, high SWR won't likely damage the radio as there is protection to that shuts down things. Otherwhise people would **** up radios all the time. Antennas fail for a variety of reasons. This is a bit of an old wives tail and 40 years ago, radios were pretty fragile. That is not the same today, at least for any commercial radio.

Glad to hear you opened a support ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.