Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Did you ever notice this about shipping?

Options

not to whine but.... You can order a couple of tubes of toothpaste and get updates on every whistlestop and phase of it's travels to you but if you order something really that's going to hold your attention (in this case a 6600 and PGXL) and four days later all you get on a UPS trace is somebody made a label and it got loaded on a truck and might get to you in a couple more days?? :-) It sure does work to generate some anticipation...

Could be worse... I almost traded my 6500 in and be looking at a vacant spot on the desk while this is going on! I am hugely confident it will be well worth the wait though.

Happy New Year to all.. Mike W1BFA

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Mike

That would be nice to have and we could do it, but it costs money and expertise to do. That would require funding and that would ultimately have to be paid for by each customer and up the price of the radio.

This is why when you sell thousands of something a day, it makes sense.

I ordered a new iPhone last Wednesday. I have no idea where it is and when I will receive it.

Mike

Answers

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Options

just got my notification... package lands today, a day early. Guess you know what I'll be doing :-)

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Options

Hi Mike... I wasn't complaining, just kidding a bit. It just occurred to me when I did the trace and we had ordered some day to day collateral from Amazon and UPS really had pretty much mapped out it's whole travels on it's way to us meanwhile something really of consequence was out there crossing the country all alone without me to watch its travels. I surmised it because it was coming via a bulk carrier contract to a UPS point here in New England somewhere. Gotta save where you can!

unboxing coming up this afternoon... radio first, I think the PGXL will require some temporary shuffling on the desk to let the smoke out of that. I have the 220 run to its eventual home in the basement where I am going to have a small server wall hung cabinet for 12V power supply and the 6600 and the PGXL. When that is complete I am getting out my woodworking tools and building a new desk here in the den without nearly the cabling and collateral that 30 years of hamming has created. Did you know that if you carefully run all your ham and computer related cable out of sight behind your desk that within a year the cable fairy will find it and try to weave a basket with it? mean trick, dunno how they do it!

trying also to do the math... with Multiflex, the 6500 and 6600 with two desk top PC's and the Maestro how many instances of SSDR and resulting slices can I have going at the same time?

The Eagle has landed :-)

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I have created a personal UPS account. I get notifications with expected delivery before it arrives. Anything coming to my address via UPS, whether from Flex or other companies. It is called UPS MyChoice.

If I am ordering a “big ticket” item (my 6600m, PG XL, and TG XL and new Xbox Series X for example) I tell the vendor to ship and hold at the regional UPS facility 15 miles away. That way I can pick up the items by 8:30 a.m. instead of waiting all day for the delivery truck. It also thwarts the Porch Pirates. You can have the package delivered to other pick up points at no additional charge.

Getting back to tracking, I also manually go online and track status of packages when I get tracking info. USPS is the funniest. Took 18 days to mail me a new SIM card for my phone from Verizon warehouse 56 miles away. It went all over the northeast for a trip that should have been one day. Bought a new phone before the SIM arrived. I got Verizon to heavily discount it since they **** up with the SIM shipping.

Dave wo2x

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

With two desktop PCs and one Maestro, that is three simultaneous clients, each of which needs a separate TX audio in or CW key.

you can open up to four slices on the 6600. Depending on what your needs are, it may be better way.

I have the 6600m, PG XL, TG XL, and 2x8 switch. I sometimes am part of an 80 meter rag chew group on one antenna while doing FT8 on another band on another antenna. With adequate antenna separation or bandpass filtering, you can run full duplex. Obviously on 6600m only one slice can TX at a time.

73 and have fun! Great combo of equipment.

Dave wo2x

• Mike  W1BFA in Maine
    Options

Running the 6600 through its paces now on FT8.. chatted on SSB 20 with a couple of folks and they said the audio was perfect, haven't hooked the key to it yet but I'm assuming that will be fine. Don't smell anything burning so thats good too! I'm thinking I'm just going to keep the 6500 on one PC and 6600 on another for now to keep life simple and feel my way through getting a server rack set up in the basement, maybe just using the 6500 for digital mode stuff and the 6600 for phone and CW to keep life simple. I'm sure that won't last though :-) too much fun to experiment!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.