Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I mount the PGXL on its right side without causing any heat dissipation or fan bearing issues?

For my ham station I need to mount the PGXL remotely on its right side. Does this sideways vertical mounting cause any heat dissipation or fan bearing issues in the long run? I will have the required 12” clearances in the front and back.

Thanks for any guidance.

Dave

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

There should be no fan bearing issues with that orientation.

Give it a try and monitor the internal temperatures to be sure.

Answers

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike, I will do and monitor.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Only thing I would worry about in that configuration is ventilation. It will build up heat behind the desk. I have mine on the bottom shelf of a cart to the right of the desk so it can exhaust and not build up heat.

Dave wo2x

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Dave, thanks for the insight! I thought about that and made sure I had 12 plus inches on the entrance and exit. So far I have had no temperature issues running 650w SSB on 120vac. Now that may change after I get my 240vac installed. LOL.

Dave, K5OZ

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Ok, as long as you are aware :-)

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Nice setup.

In any situation like this, you are ok to try it and monitor it closely by watching all the temperature sensors.

In my remote (see the video on my QRZ page) it is in a pretty tight storage box but with positive ventilation due to a few fans. I was surprised at how well it works.

The key point is to monitor temps.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.