Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Preserving NR and NB settings when changing modes.

Options
NR and NB are always cleared to OFF when changing between CW and USB even on same band.
Usually it doesn't bother me too much, but it was a problem while running ARRL 10M contest and switching between CW <> USB. Every time I needed to re-enable NR and NB and set the level sliders.
My Setup: Flex 6600 with latest SmartSDR v3.2.39

I was told that this was by design!?

Is there any other way to deal with this in N1MM+ or other software?

Stefan / AF6SA

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Yes, when you change modes by N1MM it clears that slice and builds a new one. This was at the request of the contest community as it was deemed to be faster.

You could build 2 different global profiles, one for 10m CW and the other for 10m SSB. (Page 73 shows what is saved in a Global Profile).

Then, either change bands by loading the required Profile (FRstack makes this simple). N1MM will then follow for the frequency change and mode change.

Give that a test and see if it works for you.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

As Mike mentioned, free FRStack makes this really easy, I don’t operate without it. With the software installed and operating, setup a slice the way it will be used. Stack saves almost all the parameters, vol, nb, nr, wnb, tx eq, rx eq, transmit bandwidth, rx bandwidth, and many others. Stack will move the data to the Most Recent Used (MRU) display. Then save it as a favorite with a name like 20M CW or 20M SSB, which can be recalled as desired, N1MM will follow the radio. One caution, stack sets the active slice to the memory settings, so set the desired slice to be active before clicking on the memory.

Lots of other features, like programmable hot keys, set tx on when changing slices, meters.

• Stefan AF6SA
    Stefan AF6SA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Mike-VA3MW

NB and NR are set to OFF and sliders moved to "0" every time the mode is changed in SmartSDR alone.

I opened a ticket #48167 and the answer was:

"For issue #1, this behavior is by design. Noise Mitigation features are band and mode-dependent, therefore they are not carried over when there is a mode change."

For me this is a bad design and FlexRadio is not willing to address it.

I just want to preserve and restore NR/NR settings while changing modes on same band in N1MM while contesting and DXLabs while DXing.
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The answer has been presented: FRStack, a free utility that works brilliantly. It also allow use of the Stream Deck to control the radio. There have been many posts on the Community about it.

FRStack provides buttons (or hot keys) to recall memories that you can define, and they include NR, bandwidth, mode, frequency, and much more.

As I said, it is free. Give it a try!

73, Craig KØCF

• Stefan AF6SA
    Stefan AF6SA Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Craig,

Will FRStack adjust NR/NB settings when I click on a spot in N1MM bandplan, or Multiplier window to QSY on that station frequency/mode?

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not tried that with n1mm, but basically frstack works with its own memories. However, if the mode/band stays the same, it won’t stop frequency changes from any source, click on spot on panadapter, enter frequency with keypad in SmartSDR, slide frequency with the mouse, they all work as expected. If changing modes outside of frstack the radio behaves as you described, so the procedure might be to use the FRstack memory to change modes then the spot in n1mm. Using the frstack memory will set the nb, nr, volume, bandwidth per the memory. Try it, I believe you’ll like it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.