Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Which Heil connector for Flex 6500 ?

Hi all

I want to use a Heil Pro7 headset with my Flex 6500.

Heil cannot tell me (strange) which connector is to be used, for a front end connection on the 6500.

Can anyone tell me please ?

Thanks + 73

Paul F6EXV

Best Answers

Answers

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭

I do believe the front panel connector on the 6500/6700 are compatible to Yaesu microphones, so you can plug in a Yaesu microphone such as the MD-200 and it will work.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

From the 6500 Reference Manual:

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Thanks for your info, but I mentionned I want to use a Heip Pro7 connected to the front end of my 6500.

I am just trying to find out which connector to use : is it the CC-1-Y-8 ?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you contact Heil, you need the Yaesu adapter for an 8 Pin Mic Plug (Foster) connector. Tell them it is for the Pro7.

It is the Yellow one (Yellow = Yaesu)

Mike

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Bob Heil himself told me he does know, because Flex keeps modifying its plugs... And I had told him about the Pro7 to the Flex 6500.

Again, is it the CC-1-Y-8 ?

Thanks + 73

Paul F6EXV

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

Paul is correct on the 6500, How ever sometimes running High Power the Heil cable chassis ground is tied to the MIC - (pin 7) instead of Chassis ground (Pin 5) which causes RFI to be picked up when you transmit, Usually you can just reverse (pin 5) and (pin 7) on the radio side of the Heil cable if RFI is a problem.

On the Yaesu radio's the Heil cable is specifically made for, this makes no difference because they don't use the MIC - separately for a balanced connection like the FLEX does they tie the MIC - to ground in the Yaesu Radio's anyway.

• Paul F6EXV
    Paul F6EXV Member ✭✭

Now I got it OK, the yellow cable !

Thanks a lot + 73

Paul F6EXV

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.