Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Q5 Signal Multiband Transverter / Flex Radio

Options
n0yk
n0yk Member ✭✭
Hi All -

I'm 100% remote station and primarily focus on the 144 MHz+ bands. I got a Flex 6400M a few days ago to replace an older Icom setup and have it working remotely very well as of this morning. I've heard of some Flex users interfacing the new multiband transverter made by Q5 Systems with a Flex. The transverter is capable of having the bands changed by the Flex via a USB FTDI cable. I'm not entirely sure what additional software you need to accomplish this and just how well it works.

Would anyone on this forum have any information on this system configuration and have any recommendations before I purchase one?

Thanks!
Chad

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Chad

No software is required. It is managed by the USB device configurator in the radio. This is what makes it so great to do as it is a rock solid solution.

If you search here in the community you will find others that have done it. If you reach out to them directly, they could share their experiences.

• n0yk
    n0yk Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Mike.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.