Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New Flex 6600M flashes red 2 times and reboots

I just received my radio yesterday. It was working great today - made my first 40 meter USB contact and got wsjtx working great. Made several contacts there as well.

Took a break for about 30 minutes and now the radio only transmits for about 2 seconds and then locks up - flashes red 2 times and then reboots. I tried rebooting the radio several times as well as powered everything off and then back up. No Joy. :(

HW Version: v3.2.39.3374

This happens on the panel locally or when I use smartSDR.

Please tell me this doesn't have to be sent back for repair after less than 24 hours of use. I waited a long time to get this.

Thank you for your help!

Hauns
KI0GU

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

This needs to be a support ticket. I've opened one for you.

Answers

• haunsfro
    haunsfro Member
    I have created a video of what is happening here.

I installed v3.2.34 and performed a reset, but the same thing keeps happening.
    Re-installed v3.2.39 but same thing.

https://youtu.be/D-WirVoxlOI
  • Ensure your input voltage is correct and stable. If it is, either report the fault to your dealer or open a Helpdesk ticket. The latter will get a fast response I am sure.

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭

Two red flashes indicates a software crash. Section 7.5 of the flex 6600m user manual is worth a read and action.

You might want to contact Flex on this. From my experiences they are extremely good with assistance, and should be able to resolve this with you.

73 de Mike G4GWH

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

One thing to try is a factory reset. Mike is correct, it is a software fault, so this might fix it. If it doesn't help, Mike is also right - submit a help desk ticket.

This discussion has been closed.