Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

External PTT on iPad/iPhone?

Does anyone know if it is possible to hook up an external PTT on a iPad/iPhone?

Literally asking for a friend :D

73 de Adde, SM0SHG

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi Adde

Not really that Marcus has shared.

I have a Bluetooth knob that allows me to PTT when I press in on it. It is a PowerMate controller.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 22

Unfortunately, that Bluetooth knob is no longer available. I was lucky to still get one a year or two ago.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Dayton, OHMember ✭✭✭

Fortunately, lots available on eBay.

• do4ai
    do4ai Member ✭✭

Have a look to the handbook of the App.

There are additional solutions available like the Flick button.

vy 73,

DO4AI

• Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭

@do4ai Not sure what you mean. I have read the entire manual (https://manuals.roskosch.de/smartsdr-ios/) but can't find any info about using an external PTT.

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

From the Flic information within the SSDR app:

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭

Are there anyone using, or having an idea if this iPad would work with IOS app and Flic? iPad (8th gen) 10.2" 32GB Wi-Fi. iPadOS 14 on A12 Bionic Processor.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭

Can’t answer for the flic, but I use the same iPad with the iOS app.

• Adde Tjernberg
    Adde Tjernberg Member ✭✭

Got the Flic buttons. Works good. Would be nice to be able to modify them and put them in a footswitch :)

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited November 27

Tnx John, I decided to go for an iPad Air, slightly used, as new insted. Looking forward to get it next week. Adde in the mean time has made a lot of trials and so far it seems that using an iPad and Marcus app for audio will solve the problem with audio delay. Big Tnx to Adde as well for experiments well done 😀

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.