Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No slice receiver on start ?

Previously when opening SSDR, it would open with one slice receiver, one panadapter- or how ever many I had open upon shutdown. Now when I start SSDR, it opens the slice(s) with no slice receiver(s). This just start a few days ago. Anyone have a tip on how to correct this problem?

73 Paul w2eck

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Paul, assuming that you shut down the rig using the power button (or remote-on jack), then you might want to export your profiles, do a factory reset, and re-import your profiles.

If you are powering down the rig by shutting down the power supply, you might want to start using the power button for a graceful shutdown before removing power.

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

Len

No I am not shutting down rig with the power supply, I use a remote wifi switch with and the remote on jack. Still searching for reason, but will consider the Factory Rest

Thanks for the help

73 Paul

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@W2ECK

A screen shot of what you are seeing will really help diagnose your problem as there are a few things it might be.

If it is what I think it is, something is blocking the VITA49 streaming data from the radio to your client. I doubt that rebooting will resolve your issue. Based on your comments, this is a SmartLink connection?

If rebooting doesn't resolve it, then please open a support ticket and provide some details on the client you are using, the version of SmartSDR, the Radio model and if you are local or remote. Also, is any part of this connection on WiFi?

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

I had a similar problem a few months ago. A factory reset fixed it. I had been tuning around below the broadcast band with no issues. But, turned the radio on the next day and had the same issue you are having. I did a reset and the problem went away. And I still play around with listening to beacons without any problems. I guess Windows (on my 6600M ) didn't like me exploring!

Good luck/

James

WD5GWY

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭

To answer Mike -

Not much to see in screen shot, just SSDR opening without a Slice Receiver. Connection is not Smart Link and am not using WiFi in any way. I have rebooted several times with no change to the issue.

James - yours is second recommendation for Factory Reset. But first I think I may take Mike's recommendation open Support Ticket and see if we can figure out what caused the problem.

73 Paul w2eck

• Hi Paul,

did you get a solution to this? Just started up my radio this morning to the same issue. No slice receiver and a 'greyed out' add slice receiver button, so no way of adding a receiver slice?

Thanks in advance.

Rich MW0XDT

• Neil Rogers
    Neil Rogers Member ✭✭

Hi paul

Same issue here on power up this morning on 6700

Factory reset did not cure the issue.

I'm opening ticket

Good Luck Neil

G0GGG

• Neil Rogers
    Neil Rogers Member ✭✭

Hi Paul

It looks like a software issue Flex working on soluttion SmartSDR Outage - September 27, 2022 — FlexRadio Community

Lets hope it released quickly 6700 dead in the water here

Neil

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭

Unfortunately, I am in the same boat with my 6700 today.

It was fine yesterday, and I made a lot of 10 M contacts.

Today, I found that all my slices were gone. I disconnected the power and factory rebooted many times without a change.

I hope that this SSDR/firmware fix is released this week.

Good luck to the rest of you out there!

VY 73,

Roy AC2GS

• Roy Laufer
    Roy Laufer Member ✭✭

Yes, I installed the new firmware and everything is back to normal once again!

Vy 73,

Roy AC2GS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.