Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL - Error "NO PTT IN"

Hi there,

The day I have to send back my 6600 for repair I receive my TGXL and Antenna Genius (SO2R)... Thanks Murphy. I "wire" everything they way it should (outside in)

Antenna 1-3 into the Antenna Genius

AG A to Antenna A port on the TGLX to the Antenna port A on the PGXL to coax run up to the shack

AG B to Antenna B port on the TGLX to the Antenna port B on the PGXL to coax run up to the shack.

Coax run A is plugged into my backup radio. PGXL stays in standby mode.

TGXL port A is selected and Antenna Genius port a is selected.

I add 20 watts of RF and get an error saying "no ptt in" on the the TGXL display... even in bypass mode. But also in OPR mode.

What am I missing?

Thanks!! Josh - N0EG

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I created a support ticket for this.

• N0EG
    N0EG Member ✭✭

Cool thanks Mike! You guys have great support!

Josh-N0EG

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Your TG-XL Utility (under Settings-> FlexRadio tab) PTT Source set to LAN?

• Sergey KN7K
    Sergey KN7K Member ✭✭✭

I open ticket 2 weeks ago for exactly the same error and so far did not received solution or commitment. Discovered issue during CQWW DX SSB Contest, it is intermittent and I lost quite a few QSO when had to release and hit the foot switch again to reactivate TX.

I did not have chance to test it in other modes for a long period of time to see if it the intermittent interrupts.

Sergey

kn7k

• N0EG
    N0EG Member ✭✭

@kf4HR, No. The Flex settings are disabled as right now my 6600 is in the shop. So I was hoping to RF sense the signal coming from an 857.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

There is no RF sense substitute for PTT. You must have a PTT live or LAN connection from the radio

• N0EG
    N0EG Member ✭✭

@W2PP So I re read the manual and I glossed over this portion above (different ways to set up PTT) and went straight to this portion below and assumed it would just work.

thanks for your help. I'll just wait until I get my Flex back.

N0EG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.