Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Lost Transmit Files - Help

Options

I have spend hours trying to figure out how to create Transmit Files without losing them next time I start the radio.

I am creating the profiles from the front screen of the radio - NOT via SmartSDR.

The profiles I am creating are for the situation when I want to run my amp on Slice A but run barefoot on Slice B during SO2R operation.

Specifically, I am trying to set up two Transmit Files - One for Slice A and One for Slice B. The Slice A profile (which I call SO2R_TX1) sets a power level of 30 watts for each band as well as sets RCA_TX1 flag for each band. The Slice B profile sets a power level of 100 watts for each band as well as clears the RCA_TX1 flag for each band.

Once I have everything working correctly, I go to Slice A, and select MENU / PROFILES /TX. Then I enter the name SO2R_TX1 in the Profile Name Field and press the CREATE button.

Then I go to Slice B and select MENU / PROFILES / TX again. I enter the name SO2R_TX2 in the Profile Name Field and again press the CREATE button.

If I then restart the radio (i.e. power down and back up again), there is no sign of the two Transmit Profiles I just created.

What am I doing wrong?

The radio is a Flex6600M with version 3.2.39.

73, Al, K0AD

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Al

This is not normal. I have opened a support ticket for you.

In the mean time, until we get it resolved, can you do a backup of your profiles using SmartSDR for Windows (export profiles). That will save your work that you can then restore later.

• Ted S
    Ted S Member ✭✭
    Options

I had this same problem with TX profiles. They were just gone after I restarted. I even exported the profile I created and it would not import back in. It would say it was importing but it was not there. I found that after starting over and creating the profile again, exporting it, deleting it, and then verifying I could import it, the profile I created would finally stick. Once the profile was stable the problem went away. It seems like there was some corruption in the profile that caused it to be dropped from memory and prevented the exported version from being imported back in correctly.

Ted WR4T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.